4 Night Taste of the Tropics
4 NIGHTS PALM COVE
LUXURY BOUTIQUE RESORT
WAVEDANCER LOW ISLES REEF CRUISE
TABLELANDS GOURMET PRODUCE & SIGHTS
TROPICAL FRUIT WINERY | COFFEE PLANTATION
4 Night Taste of the Tropics Info
TASTE OF THE TROPICS: Indulge and escape to North Queensland. Enjoy a scenic coastal drive to Port Douglas and a sailing daytrip to pretty Low Isles. Meet the local farmers and experience a unique and personalised tasting tour of the Tablelands!
- 4 Nights at Reef House - Mgallery Collection
- Reef Cruise to Low Isles on Quicksilver
- Food, Wine & Rainforest Tablelands tour
- Tropical Fruit winery & specialty producers
- Curtain Fig Tree & Country towns
The Reef House - MGallery by Sofitel
The Reef House - Mgallery Collection is a boutique beachfront resort with a sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere. The Reef House is the perfect getaway for couples seeking romantic bliss or simply a holiday in sheer relaxation.
- Complimentary Brigadiers Punch & canape's daily at Twilight hosted by General Manager
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary DVD player and collection
- Bikes, Fishing Rods & Tackle box
- Sketching kits
- Book exchange
- Complimentary secure car parking
- Children 4 - 12 yrs receive 50% off lunch and dinner. Infants 0-3 eat free
- Honeymooners receive a bottle of sparkling on arrival
Every evening candles are lit around the resort at sundown and guests gather to share their stories over a complimentary glass of Brigadiers Punch. The resort also boasts the only true honour bar on mainland Australia, similar to an Officers Mess from yesteryear.
The colonial-style architecture is designed to capture the romance of the tropics and the charm of a bygone era.
Perfectly positioned in the heart of Palm Cove and just 20 minutes from Cairns Airport, where nature abounds with centuries old majestic melaleucas, coconut palm fringed beaches and tropical gardens.
- Sundrenched Terraces and swimming pools
- 3 swimming pools, 2 spas & waterfall (2 freshwater pools, a sheltered saltwater pool or 2 spas-one of which is heated)
- Conference & meeting facilities/business centre
- Concierge Services
- Luggage storage
- Guest laundry (charges apply)
- Free undercover parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- FREE Wireless internet
- Check-in time from 2pm
- Check-out time before 11am
Multi-Award Winning Signature Restaurant and bars:
- Reef House Restaurant & Bar nestled under 300 year old Melaluka trees overlooking the Coral Sea. Open daily 6:30am till late.
- Poolside Restaurant open daily for lunch
- Brigadier's Honour Bar & Lounge - Operates on a unique honour system similar to an Officer's Mess in the army. Candles lit at twilight indicate complimentary punch is being served where guests can gather to share stories surrounded by artefacts and books of the Brigadier's travels.
Reef House Day Spa - has gained international recognition through Conde’ Nast Traveller by consistently being voted amongst the top 10 Best Spa’s in Australasia.
Loved by guests for its range of indulgent and therapeutic treatments which fuse ancient therapies from the ‘Dreamtime’ using the uniquely Australian Waterlily range
With only 69 rooms and suites Reef House Resort & Spa maintains the relaxed feel of a small, sophisticated hotel. But you will feel perfectly at home with all the luxuries of an international resort.
- Large comfortable king-size beds with white bed linen and romantically draped in light muslin netting (king zip available)
- Shower with large rainforest shower, bathrobes, hairdryer and toiletries
- Daily servicing
- Tropical verandah providing uninteruppted ocean, pool or garden views
- Indoor/Outdoor Living area
- Tea & coffee making facilities, mini bar & fridge, microwave
- Flatscreen TVwith Cable, in-room movies
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- In-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Nightly turndown service
- 24 hour room service
- Brigadier Rooms includes a hanging love swing
- Brigadier Beachfront and Verandah Spa Rooms offer a luxury couples spa
- 2 Bedroom Spa Apt has 2 ensuites, kitchen, lounge & dining area, oversized spa
- Airport transfers can be arranged for $40 per adult return. Flight details need to be provided at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
- For those guests arriving by private car, from Cairns airport, turn right onto the Captain Cook Highway and follow for approx 20 mins. Just after Wild World the Tropical Zoo, turn right onto Vievers Road. Follow this road to the end, then turn left onto Williams Esplanade.
DAY TWO: Low Isles day trip with Quicksilver Wavedancer
Your day will start at 8.40am with a pick up from Trinity Beach with Quicksilver. Travel North to Port Douglas along the Captain Cook Hwy - one of Australia's most scenic coastal routes, where you will board the Wavedancer for your trip to the Low Isles. The Low Isles are situated 15km north-east of Port Douglas and takes around 1hr 15mins to reach your destination.
The Low Isles is a 4 acre coral cay surrounded by 150 different species of hard corals dominated by 15 species of soft corals. Living amongst the corals is a large variety of fish, molluscs, sea cucumbers and other animals. Colourful blue, green and purple parrotfish are a common sight as well as angelfish, damselfish, anenomefish (Nemo!), trevally, rabbitfish, sweetlips, moon wrasse and fusilliers, just to name a few!
The Quicksilver crew will guide you through all the activities on Low Isles, from snorkelling and exploring the island's beach with an expert marine biologist, to seeing the coral gardens from a glass bottom boat. Wavedancer remains moored in the island's lagoon, and guests can take a regular shuttle from the beach to the boat.
Snorkellers have the opportunity to join organised snorkel expeditions and view the creatures of the reef with a Marine Guide. If you're lucky you might spot one of the Turtles that regularly visit this tranquil location
* Morning and afternoon tea
* Informative reef presentation by a Marine Expert
* Tropical smorgasbord lunch
* Marine Biologist guided beach walk
* All snorkelling equipment
* Glass Bottom boat coral viewing tour
* Guided snorkelling trips with Marine Biologist
* Return Northern Beaches transfers
* EMC included
Amazing Fun Foodie Day!! Delicious & Fantastic Food & Wine tasting adventure from Cairns, tasting some of the best food and wine that the spectacular Atherton Tablelands has to offer.
Journey through contrasting landscapes, from lush rainforest to stunning ochre savannah plains. The rich volcanic soil allows farmers to grow many and diverse crops from Bananas, coffee, sugar cane, avocados, mangoes, macadamia nuts, citrus as we taste our way around the region's 'Food Bowl'.
Sit back and relax, take in the beautiful views as we take you on a fascinating and tasty journey through another gem of Far North Queensland. (time permitting we will also stop to buy incredible fresh produce along the way)
Lake Barrine National Park & Tea House:
A mere 1 hour drive from Cairns via the scenic Gillies Highway brings you to the cool atmosphere of the Atherton Tablelands, where you will come across a beautiful, enchanting natural lake hidden in World Heritage Rainforest. Lake Barrine is something special as it is actually a water filled crater left by a volcanic eruption approximately 10,000 years ago. Depnding on the season we sample some Tropical Fruit Skewers with local Mungali yoghurt or warm banana crepes with fruit salad and enjoy a special 'Lake Barrine coffee or local tea at the charming 80 year old Lakeside teahouse amongst beautiful terraced gardens; Lake Barrine offers one of the most beautiful and relaxing environments in the tropics.
We now head towards the historic village of Atherton. Driving through this thriving hub, a patchwork of amazing farmland and rolling green hills appear before us. We are on our way to a fully operational dairy farm spread across 1000 acres of rich red volcanic soil with delicious handcrafted chocolates and a gourmet cheese factory.
Here we will taste a selection of their delicious cheeses and irresistible Swiss style filled chocolates that are a work of art whilst gazing out over the picturesque landscape. Meet some friendly animals before heading back to Mareeba through a variety of diverse crops.
We now head through a patchwork of amazing farmland, diverse crops and rolling green hills towards the thriving hub and historic village of Atherton. For a tasting and shopping treat we stop at 'The Humpy", the best place to go to for freshly harvested Atherton Tablelands produce straight from the growers. From vegetables to tropical fruits and hundreds of different varieties of nuts, dried fruits locally produced jams and sauces. Even organic and gluten free produce as well. Here we get to tast some seasonal fruits and many different falvours of hot local peanuts and macadamia nuts. We leave you some time to browse this amazing and quirky grocery store so you can purchase goodies for the rest of your stay.
Mount Uncle Distillery:
10 minutes down the road we arrive at Mount Uncle distillery, North Queensland's first and only distillery. Here we stop for a delicious fresh lunch of local produce and a tasting of 2 of their new boutique beers, then off to the distillery to taste some of their award winning liqueurs and spirits, then take a wander round this stunning property nestled in coffee and banana plantations, with beautiful gardens and some friendly animals.
Debrueys Boutique Tropical Winery:
We then head up the Kuranda Range to De Bruey's Boutique Wines located near Mareeba on a 15ha mango orchard cradled between the peaks of the Great Dividing Range.. All wines are made on site using a blend of tradition and innovation which produces high quality wines from a rich diversity of tropical fruits. Sit on the back deck sipping deliciously different tropical fruit wines, liqueurs, cream liqueurs and Ports whilst overlooking the beautiful surrounds of gum trees waterfall, terraces and lake.
Jacques Family Coffee Plantation:
Next stop is to Jaques Family coffee plantation-the 3rd generation; with 85,000 Arabica Coffee trees growing in the rich soils they produce a smooth and vibrant flavour unique only to the remarkable location.
Relax in the air-conditioned theatre to watch the fascinating history of the Jaques Family and also an enchanting insight in to the finer details of coffee from the tree to the cup.
We stroll through the gardens and finish our stop with a delicious cup of Jaques coffee made 'just as you like it'
Rainforest Retreat - Queensland Wines & Beers:
If that's not enough we continue down the range and stop in at a hidden paradise
Here you can soak up the stunning rainforest and pristine environment which is a sanctuary for bird and animal species. Pat friendly Wallabies and head to 'The Rainforest Retreat' where you can sit in this tranquil setting as the sun goes doewn whilst sipping some Queensland wines and beers and wander down to dip your toes in the most beautiful mountain stream.
Only 20 minutes to the base of the Kuranda range we begin our drop offs.
* Cancel your dinner reservation! All wine, cheese, chocolate, fruit, beer "tasting" included.
* Gluten free and lactose free cheese available on request
* Bring money for additional purchases, souvenirs etc..
* Bring a warm jacket in winter months June - September
Departs Tuesday - Saturday
Departing Cairns 8.00am
Returning Cairns 5.30pm
Children not catered for.
DAY FIVE: End of Package
The package rate is based on two people who are travelling together. For singles or groups of three or more please enquire.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge
Had great time so many options.
Posted By William McNeil
Everything was amazing
We has a fantastic day every thing was amazing the food, staff and the day!!
Posted By Sandra Saristavros
Lovely day out
We had a lovely day out on the cat,
Food was good
Just poor visibility of the coral and fish , a little disappointing .
Would recommend to go to the reef if you really want to snorkel.
Posted By Rosemarie Jacobi
A great day out
A great day out despite the rocky waves. Great to have a marine biologist aboard. Lunch was very good. Staff were caring when I threw up!
Posted By Bronwyn Rayner
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 5 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.