Kuranda, Cape Trib & Silversonic Info
3 Day Tour Package - Option 5 includes three quality days exploring the main highlights of the region - Kuranda, Cape Tribulation and Reef.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Kuranda Village
- Cape Tribulation
- Daintree River Cruise
- Silver Sonic Outer Reef Trip
DAY ONE:Kuranda Scenic Rail & Skyrail
Highlights & Inclusions:
- 8am - 8:20 pickup in Port Douglas
- Kuranda Scenic Rail 9.45am
- Approx 2.5 hours in Kuranda Village
- Heritage Markets
- 1.45pm Skyrail
- Barron Falls & Red Peak Boardwalks
- 4:15pm Return transfer to accommodation
Enjoy a leisurely start to the day before boarding your coach, which will transfer you from your accommodation to the delightful Freshwater Station to board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, the day is yours to experience the charm and colour of the village, including the many stalls and shops, giving you the opportunity to sample and experience much of the local art and handicraft.
At your scheduled time, board the “award winning” Skyrail, providing a unique insight into the rainforest canopy and spectacular views of the Coral Sea.
Your rainforest experience ends at Caravonica Lakes where your coach is waiting to transfer you back to your accommodation.
UPGRADES: (extra cost)
Gold Class Upgrade:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated host service
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheese, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Manago to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat), freshly baked muffins with local fruit, Sirromet wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome drinks served 20 minutes prior to departure:
- Morning service: tropical mocktails served in the pavilion area
- Afternoon service: served onboard the train
Diamond View Gondolas provides guests with amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes.
DAY TWO:Cape Tribulation
Discover the unique wilderness area of the World Heritage listed rainforests of both Cape Tribulation & iconic Mossman Gorge with Tropical Horizons, a Eco-Certified nature tourism operator.
- Includes return hotel transfers from:
- Departs Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) at 7am, returns approx 6:30pm.
- Departs Port Douglas at 8:30am. returns approx 5:30pm.
- Mossman Gorge Gateway
- Swim in Mossman Gorge or Guided Daintree National Park walk
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
- Lunch in a rainforest setting
- Cape Tribulation Beach and foreshore walk
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Cable ferry crossing over Daintree River
- National Park fees
- Short Tour of Port Douglas
• 1 hour Daintree River Wildlife Cruise - catch a river boat and be guided down the Daintree River where there’s a good chance of catching a glimpse of a lazy crocodile or two, tree snakes, pythons and water birds.
• Cape Tribulation Beach and a guided foreshore walk and Kulki lookout and observe where two of the world's natural wonders converge - the rainforest gives way to white sand and fringing coral reef!
• Alexandra Range Lookout to enjoy this spectacular lookout over the Daintree River estuary, Snapper Island and beyond to the Coral Sea.
• Vehicular cable ferry crossing over the Daintree River.
• Mossman Gorge Gateway Centre including all entrance fees and charges. This is a special place of significance to the local Ku Ku Yalanji people. The group is transferred by eco-friendly open electric vehicles, which quietly wind their way into the tranquil gorge surrounds. Enjoy an interpretive guided walk of the gorge and experience this ancient rainforest firsthand, or instead (subject to water volume) enjoy a refreshing swim.
• Return you to your accommodation with wonderful memories of this unique and precious wilderness area.
DAY THREE:Silversonic Outer Barrier Reef Trip
Hightlights & Inclusions:
- Departs Reef Marina Port Douglas at 8:30am and returns 4:30pm.
- Port Douglas accommodation return transfers
- Morning & Afternoon tea
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Snorkelling gear includes Mask, Snorkel & Fins
- Qualified snorkelling safety officers
- FREE Snorkel Tour
- Prescription Masks
- Lycra suits and wetsuits for snorkellers
- EMC (environmental management charge)
Silversonic is an ultra modern catamaran, which lets you explore the outer edge reef locations at Agincourt ribbon reef in superb style and comfort. This luxury vessel sets a new benchmark in spacious design and practical dive & snorkel facilities.
All equipment, including wetsuits and prescription masks (if required) are included in the price of the introductory dive.
Cruising on the fastest vessel to the reef, you will enjoy over 5 hours exploring the delights of this underwater world. Silversonic's ride control system ensures your trip is super smooth, even when travelling at speeds of up to 32 knots.
Onboard, your crew will encourage you to relax and enjoy the comfort of Silverswift with its full bar facilities, fresh water showers and airconditioning.
Upon departure a gourmet foccacia breakfast is laid out in the saloon. A trained marine interpreter gives a thoroughly informative coral and marine life brief before conducting a 30-40 minute interactive expedition over shallow reef formations.
At Agincourt ribbon reef, you will have access to exclusive dive and snorkel sites. Each site offers a new experience, selected for its unique variety of marine life and corals.
Adventure snorkellers can explore spectacular coral formations and underwater gardens awash with vibrantly coloured marine creatures.
For those who want to experience the reef from a different angle, an introductory scuba dive is the best way. No previous experience is necessary. Onboard instructors take visitors step by step through the lecture, the equipment and the dive, ensuring all facets of the experience are comfortable and most of all enjoyable.
In between water activities, relax on the expansive sundecks overlooking the Coral Sea.
Your crew will ensure you have all you need to make the most of your day on board, which includes full bar facilities, a hot and cold tropical buffet lunch, fresh water showers, morning and afternoon tea.
- Scuba Diving and equipment
GREAT NEWS!All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
**This tour package can start on any day of the week and can be taken in any order.
Very professional & well organised tour. Comfortable transport & enjoyable day at Hartleys. Would use & recommend your Cairns Tours & Travstar again. Thank you.
Posted By Jennifer Urquhart
Loved the day.
Loved the day. Kuranda in a Day was such a great experience and value for money. My only negative feedback is there was not enough time to shop in Kuranda. 2 hours should have been 3 as there were so many amazing shops to visit and trinkets to buy.
Posted By Shannon Parker
Great place, beautiful tour!
Posted By Caroline Fauteux
A great but long day with driver Peter ending with a quiet final stop near a Platypus Billabong, alas no Platypus appeared but a beautiful spot..Highly recommend!!!!
Posted By Peter & Jane Dunstan
Snorkelling trip was great
Snorkelling trip was great. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, also very helpful when my wife got sick on the boat trip. All three sites were varied in layout and wildlife.
Posted By Christian Jonsson
Great Barrier Reef Day Trip
The instructions on how to snorkel and the best locations were very helpful. Really enjoyed the variety of the reef life that we saw at the 3 locations. Highly recommend this tour.
Posted By Anne Herbert
The three reef sites were amazing
My friend and I really enjoyed our day with the Silversonic team. They were friendly, knowledgable and very helpful. The three reef sites were amazing, and I preferred this reef trip to that which I did from Cairns.
Posted By Chirag Patel
Had a wonderful day.
Posted By Kathryn Barry
Xavier was absolutely fantastic!!
Our Tropical Horizons tour guide/bus driver for the day, Xavier, was absolutely fantastic!! He really did contribute to making our day even more special :-) Thank you!
Posted By Jo Bunn
An excellent day
An excellent day with great commentaries and a lovely lunch.
Posted By Helen Parker
The Cape Tribulation is beautiful and the daintree is just stunning especially when you get to see Crocodiles in their natural habitat. The guide we had Daniel was funny and gave great information about the history around the Daintree, Cape Trib and Port Douglas.
Posted By Julia Selby
Recommend this tour
Did this trip for the second time & thoroughly enjoyed it again - different bus driver so different stories...loved the sights & information handed out not in a great big bus with 50 or more people just a group would recommend this tour also
Posted By Lyn I
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 4 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.