Jungle Canopy Surfing Info
Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours are unique rainforest tours where your feet don’t touch the ground.
Fly through the trees on flying fox ziplines, stopping at six tree platforms to take in spectacular bird’s eye views over the treetops, down to cascading streams and out to the Great Barrier Reef.
Safe, fun, fully guided and with no experience necessary - an adventure activity for all ages from 3 to 103.
• Hotel transfers within Cape Tribulation
• 1-hour minimum up in the trees (maximum 2 hours tour)
• All instruction and equipment
• On arrival at the harnessing centre, you’ll meet your team of guides who’ll be taking you surfing through the jungle. Each guest is fitted into a full body harness and helmet.
• A 350m walk through the forest leads to the Departure Lounge, where you’ll be given a safety briefing before leaving the forest floor and are hoisted up to platform one by our very own Human Hamster Wheel Cable Lift.
• On each platform, a guide will greet you, connect you safely to the tree, and provide you with eco-talk before sending you on your way to the next platform.
• From Platform 1 – 4, you will travel in pairs a few metres apart. The guides completely control your gentle flight, leaving you free to take photographs or just take in the stunning views. Midway between Platforms 3 and 4, you’ll stop briefly at the highest point of the tour, 23 metres above Mason Creek. If you’re lucky and visit during the wet season, the creek will be a raging torrent of white water.
• From Platform 4 to 5, in a beautiful section of old-growth rainforest, you’ll fly solo and fast back across the creek. Don’t forget to give us your best Tarzan cry!
• Platform 5 to 6 is an opportunity for thrill seekers to try something different, and if you choose to do so, you can flip yourself upside down and watch the ground beneath you speed past.
• The final zipline on Platform 6 is your chance to have a race and go fast if you'd like. You're paired up on separate ziplines as the guides let you speed down to the bottom of the course.
• Then you have a short walk back to the harnessing centre where you'll be taken back to the Jungle Adventure Centre to view your photos and then on to your Cape Tribulation accommodation if you’re staying in the local area.
• The tour itself takes around 2 hours from pick-up to drop off, and you’ll spend around 1 hour up in the trees, with plenty of time on each platform to experience the rainforest environment.
• Please let us know you’re preferred tour time for Jungle Surfing:
7.50am, 9.10am, 9.50am, 11.10am, 1.50pm, 2.30pm, 3.50pm every day.
• 8.30am (seasonal), 10.30am (seasonal), 1.10pm (seasonal), 3.10pm (seasonal),
• Hotel transfers within Cape Tribulation included
• Self-drivers are required to meet at the Cape Tribulation Jungle Adventure Centre (formerly Snake House) Lot 2 Cape Tribulation Road. Free parking available. (3hrs self-drive, north of Cairns)
• Does not operate Christmas & New Year’s Day
• Go Jungle Surfing offers transfers from Cairns & Port Douglas Click Here to view tour
• Back Country Bliss offers half day tours from Port Douglas Click Here to view tour
Jungle Surfing Restrictions:
• Max weight is 120kgs (260lbs or 18 stone 12lbs)
• Tour is not suitable for pregnant women
• All participants must complete a Medical Declaration & Waiver Release form which will be supplied when you check in. Children under 18 whose parent/guardian has failed to complete the form, will be refused entry to the tour and will not be eligible for a refund.
• Minimum age is three years old
• Max 13 people can participate in each tour
• Must be pre booked to avoid missing out
What to Bring/Wear:
• Long Shorts or trousers - skirts are not suitable
• T-shirts or shirts with sleeves - no singlets or sleeveless tops
• Enclosed footwear
• Money for refreshments
• If it’s raining you will get wet, so please bring a change of clothes for after the tour.
Getting to Cape Tribulation - self-drive:
From Cairns: - Allow 3 hours
From Port Douglas: - Allow 2 hours
From Mossman: - Allow 1.5 hours
During peak school holiday periods, it is advisable to allow an extra hour travel time.
Overnighting in Cape Tribulation? Why not combine Jungle Surfing with a night walk and watch the Rainforest come alive
• Jungle Surfing Session during the day
• 2 Hour night walk
• Transfers within Cape Tribulation
• Torch & Raincoat (if necessary)
• Minimum age is 8yrs
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Jungle Canopy Surfing Packages
3 Night Daintree Getaway Package
- 3 NIGHTS AT FERNTREE RAINFOREST LODGE
- BREAKFAST DAILY
- JUNGLE SURFING TOUR
- GREAT BARRIER REEF TOUR
- TWO HOURS TO EXPLORE UNDERWATER WORLD
An amazing experience
An amazing experience that my son and I will cherish for ever!
Posted By Sharon Collicoat
A very enthusiastic bunch of guys running the show who make it very enjoyable.
Posted By Martin Perry
Guides were excellent
This was an incredibly fun and informative way to see the rainforest - the guides were excellent - first class experience!!
Posted By Tim Norris
Fantastic experience, one that I would do again. All the staff are friendly, funny and very knowledgeable about the rainforest and history of the area.
Posted By Mark Moloney
Great family experience
A great family experience
Posted By Jim Birch
Great way to see the rainforest
Posted By Jennifer Haines
This is a must do if you are staying in FNQ
Jungle surfing was extremly fun and well worth the visit. the staff were so friendly and gave you so much confidence when surfing (esp for those scared of heights). this is a must do if you are staying in FNQ
Posted By Jason Rai
The view and service provided was exceptional
This was more for my wife as I personally hate heights however some how tagged along and found it to be not as bad as first thought though hanging on helped LOL. The view and service provided was exceptional and even though it rained it was a great day. Thanks for a great day.
Posted By Tim Lance
We had a great time, thank you
Posted By Joy Sutton
The staff and views make this excellent.
The staff and views make this excellent. It is not really zip lining if you are used to the fast rides found else where; rather you move through the canopy able to take in the surroundings. Staff were very knowledgeable.
Posted By Damien & Faye Hocking
Excellent experience. Best service and clear instruction for having more fun. Excellent.
Posted By KWOK YIP LEUNG
We had a blast jungle surfing!
Great service - we had a blast jungle surfing - well organised and professional from begining to end. Highly recomend for anyone (especially with children from 8 to 18!)
Posted By Amanda Matehaere
The Jungle Surfing was Awesome!
The Jungle Surfing was Awesome! The guides were great, supportive and gave us great information about the Rainforest. Only thing that would have made it better would have been MORE of it!
Posted By Steve Williams
Jungle Surfing is sooo fun.
Jungle Surfing is sooo fun. I loved it! I appreciated the construction of the platforms low impact on the environment. The staff were professional, funny, informative, fun and took photos for us.I would go back again.
Posted By Holle Torrens
What a fantastic experience!
What a fantastic experience! A must do for people after a load of fun, laughs and thrills! We had a blast! The staff made it so much more enjoyable too!
Posted By Megan
A life experience worth doing
A life experience worth doing had a ball
Posted By Peter Connelly
Posted By Mary-Ann Beresford-Smith
Managed to get my wife to surf upside down!
Jungle surfing was GREAT FUN!!! Many thanks to our guides, Phil, Pete and Angie who were very professional and informative, Pete even managed to get my wife to surf upside down which she was so reluctant to do and our friends from NZ also had a blast.....Thank you guys for such a great time!!!
Posted By David Hunt
A must for visitors to cape trib
A must for visitors to cape trib. A little scary for me to give it full marks though!
Posted By Megan Crompton
would do it again and have already passed on info about the experience and highly recommend people to do it. thanks heaps
Posted By Dot Tate
Throughly enjoyed the Jungle Surfing...! The guides on the day were excellent!
Posted By Nichola Brabazon
The crew were really friendly
Jungle Surfing was great fun and the crew were really friendly.
Posted By Kisha
A must do experience
A must do experience for the whole family! The team made sure we all had a great experience, from the 5 year old to the 50 year old. It was fun and informative.
Posted By Philip Kay
We wished it were a bit longer!
We wished it were a bit longer!
Posted By Melinda Rubado
a great experience
a great experience .Intructors knowledgeable, safety concious and fun to be with
Posted By Felicity Aldred
Great fun for all the family
Great fun for all the family
Posted By Sally
Jungle Canopy Surfing Rates
All prices shown in Australian Dollars
Prices valid from now until 31 March 2019
All prices shown in Australian Dollars
Prices valid from 01 April 2019 until 31 March 2020
Minimum age 3 years
WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 4 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.