INSTANT BOOKING OPTIONS
Silverswift - 3 Sites in 1 Day Info
Silverswift is the only Cairns based vessel to visit 3 sites in one day. Get ready to be whisked away for a day of adventure on the Great Barrier Reef.
Silverswift is a luxury 29m catamaran designed with everything you need to experience an underwater world of colourful marine life and coral formations.
What makes it great?
- Ultra-modern Catamaran
- Visit 3 of the best reef locations
- FREE Wi-Fi
- FREE Guided snorkel tour
- Features unique ride control
- 5 hours of actual reef time
- Small numbers, Max 80 Passengers
Daily from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal at 8:30am, boarding from 7:45am. Returns 4:30pm.
Spend a leisurely 5 hours at the Outer Barrier Reef exploring 3 different reef sites at Flynn, Pellowe, Miln and / or Thetford Reefs. Locations vary with the day's conditions however each site is chosen for visual impact, ecological diversity and the challenge of discovery!
- Scrumptious breakfast including focaccias and muffin/cakes on boarding
- Afternoon tea cakes, cheese & biscuits
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch including prawns
- Reef Interpretation
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins)
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour
- Snorkel brief at each site
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Lycra/stinger suits
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit
- Prescription masks available at no additional cost
- Hot freshwater showers
- Intro or Cert Scuba Diving
- Transfers within Cairns City / Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove)
- Underwater digital cameras available for hire.
- Professional underwater photo and video service on-board
First time divers can take the plunge in complete confidence with an experienced dive instructor by your side. Enjoy up to 2 dives.
Enjoy up to 3 dives. All dives are guided to maximise your experience.
SCUBA DIVING CONDITIONS:
- Certain medical conditions and medications may preclude some people from scuba diving. For advice contact our office.
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years.
- Flying after scuba diving: A wait of 12 hours is recommended but preferably 24 hours, if doing multiple dives, before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater.
- Certified divers must posses an internationally recognized SCUBA certificate card.
- 07:45am: Check-in commences at the Reef Fleet Terminal
- 8.15am: Vessel boarding. Complimentary tea / coffee and a gourmet breakfast including focaccias, muffins and cakes is served in the saloon
- 08:30am: Depart Marlin Wharf for the trip to the Outer Barrier Reef. On the way, detailed certified and introductory dive briefings are given.
- 9:50am: Arrive at the first site. Divers gear up, while snorkelers listen to a site briefing by the snorkelling advisor. Get ready to view the beauty of this natural wonder!
- 11.15am: Silverswift departs for second reef location. Option for introductory divers and certified divers to do their second dive. Snorkelers are once again briefed as to the best areas to snorkel.
- 12:30pm: After the water activities, enjoy a tropical hot and cold lunch served in the air conditioned cabin. The lunch includes fresh prawns, pasta, meats, salads and fruit. There are bar facilities available where you can purchase drinks.
- 1:40pm: Silverswift departs for third reef location. Snorkelers are once again briefed as to the best areas to snorkel. Option for Certified Divers to do their third dive OR second introductory dive.
- 2.15pm: Afternoon tea is served
- 2.45pm: All passengers to board vessel for head count
- 3:00pm: Silverswift commences return to Cairns
- 4:30pm: Silverswift arrives at Cairns marina
- Children are welcome to travel on this trip however it is recommended that children be confident in the water.
- Subject to variations according to conditions and reef sites visited
Reef locations were good
Boat was nice, lots of room as not a lot of people on this one. Reef locations were good too. Service was lacking in comparison to the other boat trips.
Posted By Alexia Carras
Fantastic day out.
Fantastic day out. Plenty of room on the boat and crew were brilliant in looking after everyone, giving advise, seeing to our safety and helping out. Three reef locations were close together but different to each other.
Posted By Diane Rodgers
Silverswift has a Competent, responsibly, helpful and very kind team.
Posted By Manfred Peter
Thank you very much for a great day! Staff were extremely friendly. Reefs were magnificent.
Posted By Tara Hong
We saw lots of whales breaching
Absolutely a class operation. I have been on quicksilver and this was so much better and so relaxing. We saw lots of whales breaching on our trips out and back. The crew was great as well as the food. The snorkeling was fantastic and my grandkids loved it. They could not believe it was so beautiful.
Posted By Carl Hawthorne
Had a fantastic day on Silverswift.
Had a fantastic day on Silverswift.
Loved the smooth ride of the boat.
Loved the food.
Loved the snorkling. Better snorkling than others we went to.
Only problem was divers got option of wetsuit before snorklers. Not enough wetsuits for children.
Posted By Jennifer Cornish
A great experience.
A great experience. Visited 3 reef locations-great visibility and information given at each site as to the best places to snorkel.
Posted By Janice & Simon Cahill
A wonderful experience
A wonderful experience. The man in charge of\\\" us snorkelers\\\" was terrific and made the whole day a lot of fun.
Posted By Frances Ozimec
Definitely worth to join.
Jun was excellent for his patience and professional diving instructions. All other crew members were friendly and eager to help novice divers.
Definitely worth to join.
Posted By Winnie Li
making our day on the reef so enjoyable
I congratulate the crew from Silverswift for making our day on the reef so enjoyable. It goes to prove that there are still tourism operators in Australia who perform to the very highest level. I hope that when faced with the choice of who to suggest Travstar will continue to put them to the forefront. Food great and plenty, equipment excellent. Please note my wife and I are from the 50+ age group. Well done all especially Ty and Shilo. Fondest regards, Colin & Penny Johnson. PS Can I come and get a job?
Posted By Colin Johnson (Melbourne)
highlight of our trip
What a fun day - highlight of our trip :)
Posted By Megan Crompton
boat and ammenities were fab
I would recommend this boat/ship to anyone. Crew, boat and ammenities were fab.
Posted By Moira Griffin
We really enjoyed our day on the reef. The boat and all of the snorkelling equipment was of high quality. The numbers on the Silver swift boat was comaparatively small and hence the contact with the staff was frequent and quite personal.
Posted By David Meaney
Wow...a stand-out tour.
Wow...a stand-out tour. I think the Great Barrier Reef was the most unique experience we had. The boat was well supplied, had all the equipment we needed, was comfortable and the lunch and snacks were delicious. The crew took safety and instructions very seriously so that we were prepared for anything. The actual trip was fast but a little rough and the snokelling was amazing. We really liked the snorkel tour on the third reef site and would recommend this trip to anyone. Really impressive.
Posted By Rebecca McCallum
This was the my favourite trip
This was the my favourite trip of the holiday, the crew were friendly and the dive sites were fantastic. Swam for 5 hours on the reef in crystal clear waters. If i come back to Australia this trip would be the first one on the team sheet!
Posted By Adam Knight
Absolutely nothing negative to say.
The dive staff was extremely professionnal, they put our safety first. They were also very nice, easy-going and very informative about everything we saw. The boat itself was nice and clean and everything was well organized:the schedule of the different dives, the equipment, the food. Absolutely nothing negative to say. Would go again and would highly recommend it!
Posted By Martine Sanscartier
Everything was perfect
Everything was perfect, the staff was very friendly, the boat was excellent, i recommend it to everyone.
Posted By Pedro Clemente
I was very impressed
I was very impressed with the dive staff on board, especially the instructor Kelly. My friend was doing an introductory dive and was very nervous. Kelly was extremely patient and ensured that my friend could do the dive and had an amazing experience. I would definitely recommend Silverswift in the future.
Posted By Omar Ameer
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 3 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.