Green Island & Cairns City Sights Info
GREEN ISLAND & CAIRNS CITY DISCOVERY TOUR
Combine a half day Green Island Reef Cruise with an afternoon Cairns Discovery Tours.
- Reef Rocket Green Island: Departs at 9:00am and returns at 12:45pm
- Cairns Discovery Tours: Departs 1pm and returns 6:30pm
GREEN ISLAND (Reef Rocket)
Tropical and enchanting Green Island is a beautiful Coral Cay located just 1 hour off the coast of Cairns. Covered in Tropical Rainforest, surrounded by sandy white beaches and beautiful Coral Reefs, makes Green Island the ideal place to snorkel, swim or simply relax.
- Cruise to Green Island aboard “Reef Rocket” a modern catamaran
- Half day reef cruises allow 2 hrs on Green Island, departs 9am, back in Cairns 12.45pm
- Choice of Snorkelling Gear OR Glass Bottom Boat tour
- Snorkelling demonstration & reef presentation en route to Green Island
- Use of Big Cat vessel during time at island as an air-conditioned base
Optional Extras at an additional charge:
- Semi Submarine:
Explorer the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef in air-conditioned comfort on our Semi-Submarine… without even getting wet! Seated below water level, passengers are treated to a divers view of the coral reef and marine life with informative commentary by the crew and see the lively fish feeding. This vessel seats 27 passengers and cruises for 30 minutes.
CAIRNS DISCOVERY TOURS "CITY SIGHTS"
Cairns Discovery Tours presents the ultimate “City Sights” tour of Cairns and its spectacular tropical environs.
Fun, Relaxing, Fascinating & Informative…the very best of Cairns!
- Explore Cairns Highlights, CBD & shopping districts
- See the busy wharves, harbour and the diverse industrial areas beyond the city
- St Monica’s Cathedral - featuring the world’s largest themed stained glass peace windows
- Cairns Museum, School of Arts - an exclusive 20 minute tour by a local expert with a complimentary re-entry visit to the Museum during your stay in Cairns.
- Professional guided walk in the Flecker Botanic Gardens - These gardens contain an amazing collection of tropical plants including exotic herbs, spices, valuable timber trees, orchids, fruits, bromeliads, giant bamboo and many other spectacular flowering plants.
- Afternoon Tea at the Botanical Gardens - Indulge in a devonshire tea, coffee or hot chocolate and scrumptious Scones
- Take in the panoramic hillside views from the best lookouts
- Enjoy a walk at the lower section of the Barron Gorge National Park and take in the beautiful rugged mountains, ravines and tumbling waterfalls
- Stroll along the Palm Cove jetty or a stroll along the beach
- Small personalised groups (21 seater air-conditioned coach)
- Accommodation pick up and return
The suburbs of Cairns are full of lush vegetation, including the “Central Swamps Reserves” reminders of the dense lowland jungle encountered by the early settlers and aboriginal people of the area.
Whether you are into Bird watching, Nature, Tropical Plants, History, Industry or Culture, this City Tour has the lot. For those just wanting to relax and take in our superb scenery, and have a few laughs, you will not be disappointed.
Everything about this tour experience is designed to delight discerning travellers of all ages and interests.
Your guides look forward to meeting you and saying, Welcome Aboard!
- Reef Fleet Terminal Pickup at 1:00pm and returns 6:00pm
- Daily except Sunday
- Approximate Times Only
- Does not operate Xmas, New Years Day and Good Friday
- Requires minimum of 4 people to operate
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Green Island & Cairns City Sights Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.